Wine aerators are a wonderful thing, especially if you fancy yourself as somewhat of a wine connoisseur, because they really do bring all of the best aromas and flavors out of your red wine by providing it with a wonderful oxygen boost.
They make your first sip of that already delicious first glass of wine after another tough day at work all the more satisfying, so if you don’t own one you’re seriously missing out.
Just imagine all of those deep, luxurious, sense-tingling flavors and smells that your bottle of wine could offer you, except you can never actually access them simply because you don’t have an aerator!
And, when it comes to aerators, there are none better than electric ones, purely for the fact that they require minimal effort and you simply have to press a button and the job is done for you.
They provide you with the relaxation and ease that everyone needs at the end of a long day!
So, if you’re a big fan of red wine and you’re ready to take the next step on your journey to becoming a proper wine connoisseur, check out this guide to the best electric wine aerators you can possibly buy.
This Aervana electric aerator is one of the most popular and effective aerators available on the market today, and it has a unique style that makes it look aesthetically pleasing and even gives off a slightly old-fashioned vibe!
It’s super easy to operate, as all you have to do is slot it onto the top of your wine bottle, put your glass under it, and then press a button for it to aerate your wine within seconds and pour straight into your glass.
And, when it goes through the process of aerating your wine, it actually provides six times the aeration of your typical gravity aerators, which means your wine will come out extremely smooth and taste wonderful!
The package it comes in includes two different tubes for both red and white wine, because you can even aerate white wine with this aerator if you want to, as it’s so powerful – although, you’ll definitely notice the effects more on your glass of red.
It also comes with batteries (it uses six AAA batteries) and a manual to help you understand how to use and take care of it.
Another added benefit is that it’s very easy to clean – all you have to do is run water through it in the same way you’d run wine through it and then leave it to dry!
- Aesthetically pleasing – it looks extremely impressive, with an old-fashioned style to it, making it great to show off to your friends and family at a dinner party!
- Very easy to operate – simply slot it on top of your bottle of wine, pop your glass under it, and press the button to pour it directly into your glass
- Powerful aeration – it amazingly provides six times the aeration of your average gravity aerators, making it taste wonderful within mere seconds
- Two tubes, battery and manual included – the package includes two different tubes for both red and white wine, six AAA batteries to operate it with, and a manual to help you figure out how to use and clean it
- Easy to clean – all you have to do is run water through it to clean it, and then leave it to dry
- Expensive – slightly more expensive than other products available on the market
This wine Aerator by JIFAR is extremely sleek and modern looking, making your wine bottle look even more sophisticated when it’s sitting on top of it!
It will make your wine taste luxurious within seconds, as all you need to do is attach the guide tube to the aerator, put it into the wine bottle and then press the power button, making sure you already have your glass underneath it ready for the wine to pour into via the powerful pump of the aerator.
The great thing about it, too, is that it’s extremely quiet when it’s in operation, so it won’t disturb any conversation going on between you and your friends or family!
It also has an airtight rubber seal, meaning your wine can remain fresh in the bottle whilst it’s on it, giving you plenty of time to sip at and enjoy your glass of wine. And, it has a universal fit, so it can attach to any type of wine bottle at all!
Included in the package is a USB charging cable for rechargeable batteries, which will make your life easier in the long run as you won’t need to constantly be buying new batteries for it.
It’s also very easy to clean, as all you have to do is pump water through it instead of wine and then leave it to dry.
- Easy to use – all you have to do is attach the guide tube to the aerator, pop it into your bottle of wine and press the power button so it can pour straight into your glass!
- Quiet – it won’t disturb any conversation going on with a loud noise because it functions extremely quietly
- Airtight rubber seal – means your wine will stay fresh in the bottle whilst it’s on top of it, so you can enjoy your wine at a good pace without worrying about it going bad
- Universal fit – it will fit on any type of wine bottle
- USB rechargeable battery – means you won’t have to worry about constantly buying new batteries for it whenever it runs out of battery!
- A little on the big side – might not be right for you if you want something smaller and less conspicuous
This Nutrichef aerator has a unique metal pouring spout and, once again, generally looks great with its all-round metal design – which also makes it sturdy!
This aerator is very easy to use and all you have to do is pop it into your wine bottle, put a glass underneath it and then press and hold the button on top to allow the wine to pour out into your glass instantly aearted and ridded of any harsh tasting tannins.
It comes with two different sized straws so that you can easily fit it into any bottle, no matter how big or small it is, and it will suck up and aerate every last drop so none of your precious (and expensive!) wine is wasted!
The tight seal means it will still keep your wine fresh in the bottle, so you don’t have to rush to drink it all at once – we all know what happens when we drink our wine too fast and it almost always turns into something we’ll regret!
Compact enough to be portable, this aerator comes with a soft fabric bag to carry it around in if you want to take it to a friend’s house, etc. This helps protect the metal finish from scratching or getting ruined when you transport it.
- Good, sturdy design – it’s made with a metal finish, which looks sleek and is also durable so it won’t break easily
- Easy to use – all you have to do is put it into your wine bottle, press and hold the button on top, and it will pour right into your glass!
- Two different straws – it comes with straws that are different sizes so it can fit into any bottle and suck up the remaining drops, meaning no wine will go to waste at all!
- Tight seal – means the wine in the bottle will always stay fresh
- Bag included – it comes with a soft fabric bag so you can transport it wherever you want to without it getting scratched or damaged in any way
- Straw can sometimes get stuck at bottom – the straw sometimes gets stuck to the bottom of the wine bottle, making it difficult to take back out again
This Aervana Essential wine aerator is extremely lightweight and elegant, and will aerate your wine for you extremely powerfully!
It will fit perfectly in standard sized bottles, sucking up the wine from your bottle and aerating it in an instant, leaving all of the sediment at the bottom.
This means it will make your wine unbelievably smooth and all you have to do to use it is to place it inside the bottle, pop your glass under the spout, and press a button.
Just like the other Aervana aerator on this list, this one will aerate your wine at six times the aeration of other standard gravity fed aerators, meaning your wine will taste even more luxurious!
Due to the material it’s made from, it’s actually extremely sturdy so you don’t have to worry about it breaking, and it’s also small enough so that you can easily transport it anywhere you want to take it, for example to a dinner party at your friend’s house to show it off!
Included in the package alongside the aerator are two PED tubes, so you have an extra tube to put inside your bottle in case something happens to the other one, and a user manual to show you how to use and clean it.
- Easy to use – all you have to do is put it inside of your bottle of wine, put your glass under the spout, and then press the button to pour
- Powerful aeration – it aerates your wine at six times the normal aeration of typical gravity fed aerators
- Sturdy – you don’t ever have to worry about it breaking because the material it’s made from makes it extremely sturdy
- Compact – it’s small enough to transport it to someone else’s house, for example if you wanted to take it to a friend’s dinner party to show it off a bit!
- Two PED tubes and manual included – it comes with two tubes so you have a spare if you lose the other one, and a manual to help you understand how to use it and clean it
- No batteries included – it requires six AAA batteries to operate it, but you have to buy them separately!
- Doesn’t fit all bottles – it only fits standard sized bottles, so if you buy a bottle that is a unique size or shape, it won’t fit onto it
This Ivation wine dispenser and aerator looks super modern and is beautifully compact so as not to be too conspicuous. It also means it’s very easy to transport to other people’s houses so you can impress your friends and family with it!
The interesting thing about this particular aerator is that you can actually either use it simply as a dispenser so that you can pour wine from the bottle into your glass by barely lifting a finger, or you can choose to turn the optional aerator switch on to make it aerate your wine on its way out.
It will fit with most wine bottles and is, again, extremely easy to use – simply remove the cap off your wine bottle, insert the dispenser into it, and (if you’ve turned the aerating option on) press the button for it to aerate your wine within seconds and pour it directly into your glass.
Its rechargeable design means it charges via a Micro USB cable, which is included in the package, so you don’t have to constantly worry about buying and changing the batteries for it!
And it can dispense up to 30 bottles on a single charge, meaning you shouldn’t have to charge it too often.
- Compact – it’s nice and small, so it’s easy to carry around with you from your home to someone else’s, like if you wanted to take it to your friend or family member’s house to impress them!
- Function choice – has a switch so you can choose whether you simply want to use it as a dispenser or whether you want to use it as an aerator as well
- Easy to use – all you have to do is remove the cap from your bottle of wine, pop the dispenser into it and press the button for it to pour and aerate your wine
- Rechargeable – It comes with a Micro USB cable to recharge it with, so you don’t have to worry about changing the batteries all of the time
- Long-lasting charge – it can dispense up to 30 bottles on a single charge, so you shouldn’t have to charge it too often!
- Not exclusively designed for aerating – because it’s a dispenser first and foremost, it might not be as good at aerating as others available on the market
When it comes to buying yourself an electric aerator, there are definitely a few things you’ll want to consider before making a decision about which one to buy.
This is so that you can be absolutely sure you’re buying the right one suitable for your own personal needs, because the last thing you want to do is make a purchase you’re going to regret.
Below we’ve made a buyer’s guide for you so you know what to look out for when buying your perfect electric aerator!
Size And Fit
In terms of size, some electric aerators are far more compact than others, so when you’re looking for one to buy, you need to think about how you plan to use your aerator.
For example, do you want to take it over to other people’s houses or are you just going to keep it in your own kitchen? If it’s the former, then you’re going to want something compact enough to be able to transport it around with you, but if it’s the latter, it doesn’t matter as much.
You also need to consider whether it will fit with the type of wine bottles you usually buy, because some electric aerators only fit on standard sized bottles.
So, if you tend to purchase non-standard sized wine bottles, you’ll need to make sure the aerator you buy will definitely fit onto it!
Because these aerators are electric, they need some sort of batteries in them to function.
Some aerators use standard batteries, such as triple AAAs, but some actually use rechargeable batteries and come with some kind of USB charging cable.
The ones that are rechargeable tend to be more convenient because it means you don’t have to worry about buying or changing batteries, which can be a pain!
Also, make sure to check whether the batteries actually come included in the box when you buy the aerator.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is A Wine Aerator Worth It?
Yes, it is. A wine aerator will oxygenate your wine, particularly red wine, to remove tannins and sulfites, meaning your wine will taste noticeably smoother and fresher.
Is It Possible To Over-Aerate Wine?
Yes, it is. If you provide the wine with too much oxygen it will actually taste worse, so remember to only aerate it once.