If you are new to drinking wine, then chances are you need a place to store your wine bottles in the house.
For many wine enthusiasts, keeping bottles in the icebox or leaving them out on the counter is sacrilegious, so they prefer to use countertop coolers to keep their wine in the best possible conditions.
In basic terms, these beautiful devices are small minifridges, which produce the best temperature for wine storage.
Coolers can also add a touch of sophistication to your home and give your kitchen a modern look.
In this article, we have compiled a list of the best countertop wine coolers available online, which we have tried and tested.
We have also included a detailed buyer’s guide to help you find the best one for your home.
For the first product on our list, we have chosen this convenient wine cooler from Antarctic Star, which is the ideal model for anyone who wants to store their wine and other alcoholic drinks.
Measuring 18-inches tall, this cooler is deep enough to store bottles and cans in the same space, which makes it an excellent choice for couples and large families.
It also features various temperatures, which can range from 40 -60 degrees.
Beyond its ability to cool drinks in minutes, the cooler also comes with adjustable shelves and a modern design.
However, it can appear quite boxy in certain environments, which may not be suitable for aesthetic purposes.
- Adjustable Shelves: The cooler features adjustable shelves, which make it easier to store wine bottles and cans.
- Various Temperatures: It also comes with a range of temperatures, which can cool wine and beer in minutes.
- Interior Lights: The cooler features blue LED lights, which help to showcase the wine and other drinks.
- Box Design: The overall design could be described as boxy and may be unsuitable for certain kitchens.
- Compressor: The cooler features a compressor, which could vibrate the wine and ruin the flavor.
When it comes to small yet well-rounded wine coolers, this product is one of the best, as it offers a decent amount of room and thermoelectric features.
Cuisinart has long been a notable brand in the world of kitchen appliances and this cooler demonstrates why.
The product stands at 19-inches tall and is a foot wide, however, this is enough to store 8 bottles and keep them cool for hours on end.
It also comes with a wide variety of temperatures, which range from 39 – 68 degrees.
Because of its thermoelectric components, the product is able to keep your wine cool without the need for bothersome vibrations.
The cooler also comes with the added benefit of having the door hinge on the left, which can make it more accessible.
- Temperature Range: The cooler comes with a wide range of temperatures, which are ideal for cooling wines.
- Slim Design: Because of its narrow shape, the cooler can be placed on the counter without using too much space.
- Thermoelectric Cooler: The product uses a thermoelectric cooler, which means it can cool the wine without causing vibrations.
- Less Efficient: In comparison to other coolers, the Cuisinart CWC is less efficient in terms of power consumption and need.
- No Switches: The cooler is taller than its alternatives and does not feature a temperature switch.
In the world of kitchen appliances, there are few companies that specialize in the production of wine coolers, which is where Koolatron comes in.
Nowadays, this brand carries several amazing wine coolers, which are perfect for kitchen counters and other surfaces.
The model we have chosen is capable of holding 8 bottles of wine and features a compact design that is compatible with most spaces. Its nondescript look can also blend into most kitchen decor.
Beyond this, the cooler also comes with a useful switch and thermoelectric components, which means you can change the temperature without vibrations impacting the taste of the wine.
- Slim Design: The cooler features a compact design, which means it can be placed on kitchen counters without taking up too much space.
- Wide Temperature Range: It also features a wide range of temperatures, which are perfect for keeping the wine cool and refreshing.
- Thermoelectric Cooler: Because of its thermoelectric cooler, the product can keep the wine cool without ruining the flavor.
- Taller Than Others: Since the cooler is taller than its alternatives, it could prove difficult to use in certain spaces.
- Less Efficient: When compared to other wine coolers, the Koolatron is less efficient and power conscious.
If you want a wine cooler that is compatible with awkward spaces, you should take a look at this amazing product from Nutrichef.
Despite standing at 31-inches tall, this cooler also features a slim design and is capable of holding a maximum of 12 wine bottles.
Because of its unique shape, the cooler can be kept in awkward spaces, such as on the counter or in between other kitchen appliances.
The product also features a unique display, which allows the wine bottles to be placed at an angle to showcase the label.
- 10-Inches Wide: Despite its stature, the cooler measures at 10-inches wide and is capable of holding 12 bottles of wine.
- Easy-Grip Handle: The product comes with an ergonomic handle, which makes it easier to access.
- Energy Efficient: In contrast to the other coolers we have mentioned, this model is more energy-efficient and accessible.
- 31-Inches Tall: While the cooler remains slim, it is also tall and may not be suitable for certain kitchen spaces.
- Vibrations: The cooler has been known to vibrate throughout the day, which could have a negative impact on the condition of the wine.
When it comes to compact wine coolers, there’s no better option than this adorable product from the Wine Enthusiast.
Standing at 14-inches tall, this cooler is 19-inches deep and is capable of holding 6 large bottles of wine.
The metal shelves hold the bottles in place and make them easily accessible so that you can choose the best wine for the occasion.
The cooler even features a useful touch screen pad, which controls the temperature and settings.
In contrast to the other models we have mentioned, this cooler also uses energy-efficient components, which produce consistent temperatures without draining substantial power and causing vibrations.
- Compact Size: The cooler stands at 14-inches tall and is 9-inches wide, which makes it the perfect size for small spaces and limited kitchens.
- Temperature Touchscreen: Because of the cooler’s touchscreen options, you can change the temperature without having to fuss with buttons and dials.
- Sleek & Efficient: The product is energy-efficient and features a sleek modern design that is compatible with most households.
- Limited Storage: If you want to store more than 6 bottles, you may need to invest in a larger wine cooler.
- Inconsistent Cooling: Some customers have criticized the cooler for its inconsistent temperature and limited cooling.
The idea of purchasing a wine cooler may sound like a simple task, as every model has been designed for the same reason.
However, there are some certain elements that should be taken into consideration before purchasing a countertop cooler.
Elements that help to ensure that the product meets your needs and provides the wine cooling experience that you are looking for.
Down below, we have outlined some key points that should be kept in mind when it comes to purchasing a new wine cooler.
By consulting these points, you will be able to select the perfect cooler for you, saving you time and cash.
When choosing a countertop wine cooler, you will need to be mindful of how the machine will cool your wine.
Nowadays, there are two main cooling methods, which include the traditional compressor and coolant system (such as the one in most refrigerators) or thermoelectric systems.
Both of these methods come with their pros and cons, which is why you need to be careful when choosing a cooler.
- Compressor Coolers
Compressor coolers are considered to be the cheaper of the two options, however, they are also loud and are known to vibrate.
Because of this, there are countless compressor coolers available online, as they use less power and are more reasonable when it comes to storing multiple bottles of wine.
- Thermoelectric Coolers
In contrast to compressor coolers, thermoelectric coolers are completely noise-free and are incapable of producing vibrations.
However, this does not mean that they are free from criticism, as they use more electricity and materials. In most cases, thermoelectric coolers are best suited for smaller homes, as they use a lot of power and can be quite expensive to run.
However, the lack of vibrations means that the wine will not be corrupted, which is another reason why these coolers remain popular among collectors and wine enthusiasts.
If you want to purchase an accessible wine cooler, then you need to be wary of various factors, such as the layout of your kitchen and whether the door is situated on the right or left-hand side.
In most cases, a cooler with removable shelves is always the best choice, as this will make it easier to clean the product and store your wine in an efficient manner.
It is also important to be mindful of thermostats, as these can be located in the interior or exterior of the cooler.
If the thermostat is on the outside, it could be more prone to damage, which is why you should invest in a cooler with an interior thermostat.
While these functions may seem unimportant, they can make a huge difference in how you appreciate your countertop cooler.
These days, most wine coolers are made from stainless steel, which can give them a sleek and modern appearance. However, other parts can be made from other materials such as glass and plastic.
For example, wine cooler doors are often made from opaque glass, which allows you to see the wine inside and put it on display.
The glass also helps to block out UV rays, which could degrade the wine and leave it tasting bitter. This means that the more opaque the cooler door, the more protected your wine will be.
On the other hand, clear glass doors can also give your cooler a distinctive look, as they make it easier to see the wine labels.
However, coolers with clear doors will need to be stored in shaded areas, as too much sunlight can corrupt the wine.
Cooler shelves can also be made from a range of materials, with the two most common being beechwood and stainless steel.
In most cases, steel shelves are easier to clean, as the material is less susceptible to water. Beechwood shelves are usually more expensive and help to maintain the humidity in the cooler.
If you consider yourself a wine expert, then chances are you understand that different wines need to be stored at different temperatures.
Because of this, you will need to invest in a cooler that can accommodate both red and white wines, which is where cooling zones can come in handy.
These days, most products will feature a single-zone cooler, which means they can only maintain a single temperature.
However, you can now purchase other products with dual-zone coolers, which allow you to store various kinds of wine at their preferred temperature.
For this reason, it is commonly larger coolers that will include this feature, as the additional space makes it easier to maintain the dual temperatures.
Unfortunately, this also means that the coolers will be more expensive and take up a lot more room once installed in your kitchen.
Size & Capacity
When choosing a new wine cooler, you will need to be wary of the size and layout of your kitchen, as this could limit the models available.
If you have a limited amount of space, then you will need to purchase a compact cooler that can fit into awkward areas.
However, it is important to note that smaller coolers will hold less wine, which may not be ideal for collectors and enthusiasts.
On the other hand, larger coolers are able to hold more wine and can also be used to cool other drinks and products.
However, they do come with the drawback of being too large for compact kitchens, which means they will need to be installed in a large and open space.
If you install a large cooler in a small kitchen, you could find yourself left with no room to cook and go about your routine.
Because of this, we recommend that you measure your kitchen first and the area where you want to install the cooler. This way you should be able to find a cooler that is compatible with your home.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why Purchase A Countertop Wine Cooler?
There are various reasons why you should purchase a wine cooler, which include the following benefits…
- Wine coolers keep your wine at the right temperature without corrupting it, which is a common issue when storing wine in the refrigerator.
- Coolers with clear glass doors make it easier to see your wine collection, which allows you to display it to your family and friends.
- Most coolers feature sophisticated designs, which add a modern look to the aesthetic of your home.
While wine coolers are not considered a domestic necessity, they can make it easier to store your wine and keep it cool.
Are Countertop Wine Coolers Worth The Money?
The answer to this question depends on the model you are interested in and your personal interest in wine, as certain coolers can hold more wine than others, which means they are also more expensive.
If you are still new to drinking wine, then you should take some time to develop your tastes before purchasing a cooler, as you may find that you don’t like wine or don’t like it enough to purchase more than one bottle every few weeks.
However, if you consider wine a personal passion, then you should definitely invest in a wine cooler, as it will make it easier for you to store and chill your wine.
Wine coolers allow you to experience wine in its best condition, which makes them a great purchase for wine enthusiasts and collectors alike.
How Long Should A Countertop Wine Cooler Last?
In most cases, a decent wine cooler should last around 10 – 15 years. However, the final condition of the cooler does depend on how well you look after it, as it will need to be cleaned and examined on a regular basis.